Friday, June 21, 2019

Field Work Blog 8

What is the most important thing I have learned doing my Field Work?

My field work taught me about all the different aspects of teaching, and how important it is to have them all work together to create a good learning environment for the students. There's no one silver bullet that will make you a great teacher. There are so many different aspects and important factors you have to master. An elementary school teacher is basically a "jack of all trades"- they do it all!

One aspect that stuck out to me was the importance of routines and organization. To have things go smoothly day by day, there has to be a routine established at the beginning of the year. Although the students don't always 100% follow the routine every single day of the year, the routine will allow for structure and expectations to remain the same. This will allow the teacher to rely on this as the backbone of their teaching adjust everything else around it. I was very impressed with what I saw in my fieldwork classrooms. However, I know there are other classrooms out there that are not always that way. It just seems like a "no brainer" to me! But to others it doesn't come as naturally. I truly learned the importance of establishing expectations and routines  while I did my field work and I am excited to carry that into my classroom one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment